World Tequila Day: Exotic Cocktail Recipes To try
Sugars found in the plant makes tequila could lower blood glucose levels for people with type 2 diabetes, and help obese people lose weight
- It's an alcoholic drink made from the blue agave plant, primarily in the area surrounding the city of Tequila in western Mexico. Sugars found in the plant make tequila could lower blood glucose levels for people with type 2 diabetes, and help obese people lose weight, researchers say.
On World Tequila Day on Tuesday, bartenders and mixolgists rustle up some exotic cocktails for you
Noting that there are four types of tequila:
* Silver/Blanco/Plata that is unaged or aged for less than two months
* Gold/Oro/Joven is a blend of silver and aged tequila sometimes with a touch of caramel added for coloring
* Reposado is aged in oak containers for two months and eleven months and 30 days
* Extra aged or anejo in oak barrels for at least a year.