The Ooty Of Telangana - Laknavaram Lake | Telangana Tourism
- Laknavaram lake is one of the engineering marvels of the Kakatiya kings which was built at an excellent geographical location.
- Laknavaram lake is situated about 6 km from Govindaraopet mandal and 80 kms from Warangal, 155 kms from Hyderabad (via NH163), Telangana.
- The historic Laknavaram lake is Spread over an area of 10,000 acres.
- A 160-metre-long hanging bridge is the special attraction.
- The Haritha hotel with eight-room accommodation and upcoming cottages on islands are an added attraction here.
- The lake was first discovered by ancient Kakatiya rulers.
Laknavaram situated in the dense forests of Warangal district is home to a lake view resort which has excellent amenities. Revelers frequent this place during weekends and especially during peak monsoon season, the water body attracts tourists in large numbers.
Kakatiya rulers spotted this excellent place amidst trees and green hills lined up around to hold the rainwater.
Laknavaram lake is one of the engineering marvels of the Kakatiya kings which was built at an excellent geographical location. The entire tank is spread on a saucer-like land with hills and forest surrounding it. The seven-km meandering road with thick forest on either side from high to Bussapur abutting the lake offers great joy to the visitors.
The Kakatiya rulers only built a small sluice gate turning the place into a spacious lake which now feeds thousands of acres of agricultural land every year.
The lake, that holds about 2.135 tmcft of water, irrigates over 3,500 acres in six villages surrounding it. The sluice arranged by the Kakatiya kings is amid thick jungle at a narrow gap between natural hills is another spot worth seeing here.
Laknavaram lake is very popular tourist spot in Warangal that has been of late drawing huge crowds, thanks to the Tourism Department.
This picturesque place is soul soothing offering great solitude and merry to young and old alike.
With the Tourism Department opening a restaurant, introducing boating facility on lake, hordes of tourists are coming here from far and near with average visitors of 1,000 per day and nearly double on Saturday and Sundays.
Hotels in Laknavaram.
Amazing View Of The Laknavaram Lake at Night.
How To Reach Laknavaram Lake:
Tourists coming from Warangal direction has to take the NH 202 road towards Mulugu. After crossing mulugu, drive 8 km to the right direction into the thick forest to reach this place.
The green hills of Govindaraopet agency mandal lie side by side to form a massive bowl like structure which holds the spacious, beautiful and pristine lake popular known as ‘Laknavaram Cheruvu(Lake)’.