Borra Caves in Araku Valley, Vizag (Visakhapatnam) | Borra Caves Travel Guide, Entry Ticket and Timings
- The Borra Caves, also called Borra Guhalu, are located on the East Coast of India, in the Ananthagiri hills of the Araku Valley of the Visakhapatnam district in Andhra Pradesh.
The caves, one of the largest in the country, at an elevation of about 705 m (2,313 ft), distinctly exhibit a variety of speleothems ranging in size and irregularly shaped stalactites and stalagmites. The caves are basically karstic limestone structures extending to a depth of 80 m (260 ft) and are considered the deepest caves in India.
Borra Caves Complete Video Tour | బొర్రా గుహలు | Araku Valley | Vizag To Borra Caves Road Journey
- Borra Caves Complete Video Tour.
Araku Valley Ghat Road Journey.
Vizag To Borra Caves Road Journey.
History Of Borra Caves:
- The native name for the caves is Borra Guhalu. Borra means a hole in Odia language and guhalu means caves in the Telugu language)
The caves were discovered in 1807, by William King George of the Geological Survey of India.
- The caves are located in the Araku Valley of the Ananthagiri hill range and is drained by the Gosthani River. At the entry, the cave measures up to 100 m (330 ft) horizontally and 75 m (246 ft) vertically. Stalagmite and stalactite formations are found in the caves.
The average annual temperature of Araku hills, where the caves are situated, is about 25 °C (77 °F). The average annual rainfall reported is 950 mm (3.12 ft) (mostly occurring during the northeast monsoon). The Gosthani river provides water supply to the Visakhapatnam city.
Borra caves Entry Ticket and Timings
- Borra caves Entry Ticket and Timings
60 rupees for adults,
45 rupees for children,
25 rupees for a mobile camera.
100 rupees for digital camera and video camera.
Everyday 10 AM to 5 PM
Araku Valley Ghat Road Journey | Vizag, Borra Caves, Araku Valley, Paderu, LambasinGhat Road Journey
Morning 8.00 am started from Vizag,
came back to Vizag night around 10.00 pm.
Vizag to Araku Vally Road Trip.
Damuku View Point,
Araku City Center,
Amma Vaari paddalu Ghat road,