- What You Need to Know About Chemistry in a Relationship.
- All people in a relationship know what it is when “chemistry” flares up between two hearts, a spark runs, and passion arises. This is something magical that the sensations can’t be described in words. But, in fact, not everything is so simple! For chemistry to appear, some things must coincide!
The mechanism of love: what is it?
- Most people still believe that the feeling of falling in love appears by itself and doesn’t depend on any external factors. It’s like you visit a Russian dating women site and fall in love with ladies just because they are beautiful. But in reality, we fall in love under the influence of a complex system of hormonal regulation, which scientists call “love chemistry.” If we look at our body from a scientific point of view, it looks like a large factory, which, if necessary, releases a certain amount of hormones into the bloodstream. Moreover, a person can’t regulate these emissions.
- The only one who controls the process in our brain. It is responsible for whether we fall in love with a person or pass by with a completely indifferent look. After all, people can’t love by command. Therefore, no matter how we would like to idealize love, in fact, it is just a set of chemical processes in the body, launched under the influence of hormones.
Hormones and pheromones
- Thanks to the senses, the cheeks turn pink, and the skin becomes smoother, the eyes and large pupils become shiny. It is sometimes enough to meet someone by chance, and it is already clear that this person is the one and only. There are those who believe that these are pheromones – some signals that are transmitted and received outside of human consciousness.
- Others claim that this is the sixth sense or believe that love is a divine gift. Scientists know one thing for sure – love is just hormones. Falling in love is triggered by chemicals that act on the brain (not the heart!) as a drug. Therefore, there is a lot of truth in the old saying that when love wakes up, the mind falls asleep.
How long does such chemistry last?
- One professor found out how long such love can last. The hormone dopamine can be produced in the body for up to 3 years. You have most likely heard the expression that love lasts no longer than three years. Do we need to worry about it? No, it is much worse if we are in this state under the influence of dopamine for longer than this period.
- The process of the emergence of the chemistry of love between people is carefully “thought out” by nature. If the hormone dopamine is produced longer than it takes to establish a strong bond between two people, the hormone can drive the person crazy. People in love don’t notice what happens around them if the chemistry of love overwhelms them. They can’t concentrate on work, daily activities, and personal concerns. Over time, these intense inner emotions should subside, and there appear such feelings as affection and confidence.
In order to feel happy again in a relationship, as it happens during the development of dopamine, it is not at all necessary to leave your partner and start a new relationship with someone else. It is sometimes enough to arrange romantic dates with your partner. For example, call your loved one to a restaurant suddenly or arrange some kind of romantic evening. Thus, you can return to the time when you were just starting a relationship. And this will provoke the production of the hormone dopamine in your body. Relationships that are built on mutual respect and emotional attachment (not on passion and hormones) are the third stage. And such love lives for decades.