- That amounts to about 28 percent of his total wealth.
- Twitter CEO Corona Donation: Highest By An Individual.
- Twitter CEO Jack Donates $1Billion For Corona Relief.
- Twitter CEO Donates $1 Billion Towards Fighting COVID-19.
- Jack Dorsey, the founder of Twitter, has said he will donate $1 billion in the battle against the coronavirus pandemic. In a series of tweets, Dorsey said he will use the shares of his mobile payments company Square to fund Start Small LLC which will focus on providing relief for COVID-19. The donation equates to nearly 28 per cent of his wealth.
- "I''m moving $1B of my Square equity (28 per cent of my wealth) to #startsmall LLC to fund global COVID-19 relief. After we disarm this pandemic, the focus will shift to girl''s health and education, and UBI. It will operate transparently.
- Simply: I own a lot more Square. And I'll need to pace the sales over some time. The impact this money will have should benefit both companies over the long-term because it''s helping the people we want to serve."
- Dorsey also tweeted a link to a public Google Doc where people can track which organizations the fund's money will go to. Dorsey said he has funded $40 million in grants to many organizations with proven impact and efficiency in the past, mostly anonymously.
- The coronavirus pandemic is affecting 209 countries and territories around the world. Globally, as on April 8 2020, there have been 1,282,931 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including 72,776 deaths.
- In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic affected many countries, worldwide many corporates have pledged to donate towards the fight against the global pandemic that is spread in more than 200 countries.
- Following this, Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Twitter Jack Dorsey announced a huge donation of $1 billion of his personal fortune to lend a helping hand.
To took to Twitter to confirm the same and in a series of Tweets, he said that around 28% of his wealth will be donated towards the fight against the global pandemic.
"I'm moving $1B of my Square equity (~28% of my wealth) to #startsmall LLC to fund global COVID-19 relief. After we disarm this pandemic, the focus will shift to girl's health and education, and UBI. It will operate transparently, all flows tracked here:" his Tweet read.