Sure, this isn't as memorable as most of what the Joker or Harvey has said, but this quote is the moment we all waited for since the first movie, the time that Batman finally revealed himself to Commissioner Gordon after all this time. Of course, in typical Batman fashion, he left it cryptic and made Gordon think about it.
"Bruce. Deep down you may still be that same great kid you used to be. But it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."- Rachel Dawes ("Batman Begins")
What may be the most profound quote in not only "Batman Begins," but the entire Dark Knight Trilogy is uttered by Rachel as a slap in the face to Bruce. Later on though, Batman uses it as his way of revealing to Rachel his true identity. It’s a beautiful quote, filled with wisdom and truth. It really is what we do that defines us, regardless of whether or not that matches what is underneath. That realization plays well into the developing theme of Batman as not just a person, but as a symbol. It also speaks so directly to the dual-identity life that all superheroes are faced with, and the struggle of whether or not to share their secret with those they love. Even though who we are underneath doesn’t directly define us, the internal conflict he faces directly inspires Batman’s actions, which are seen by all.
"People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, and I can’t do that as Bruce Wayne. As a man, I’m flesh and blood; I can be ignored, I can be destroyed. But as a symbol… as a symbol, I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting."- Bruce Wayne ("Batman Begins")
This quote is the defining moment of the entire trilogy put into words. It is when Batman actually begins. Once Bruce realized that Gotham needed him, but not as Bruce Wayne, as something more, is when he first realized the possibility of Batman. And the rest is history. This quote lays out a theme that is carried through the entire trilogy. The theme that Batman is more than Bruce Wayne in a costume. Batman is a symbol of hope. It doesn’t matter who is in the suit. All people need to know is that Batman is there watching over the people of Gotham.
"BRUCE WAYNE, ECCENTRIC BILLIONAIRE."
– Bruce Wayne, The Dark Knight Rises. Bruce cuts in to dance with Selina (Catwoman) as she’s dancing with an older gentleman. She asks him, "Yeah? Who are you pretending to be?" to which he responds, "Bruce Wayne, eccentric billionaire. Who's your date?"
"I NEED YOU TO GET ME BACK IN THE GAME."
– Bruce Wayne, The Dark Knight RisesWhen Bruce feels that he's been in hiding for too long, he approaches Lucius about returning to being Batman to save the city from Bane.
"RACHEL DIED BELIEVING THAT WE WOULD BE TOGETHER; THAT WAS MY LIFE BEYOND THE CAPE."
– Bruce Wayne, The Dark Knight RisesBruce, and Alfred are talking about Batman's return to the city when Bruce says, "Rachel died believing that we would be together; that was my life beyond the cape. I can't just move on. She didn't, she couldn't." Alfred responds by finally telling Bruce that Rachel had chosen Harvey Dent over him.
"IF THIS MAN IS EVERYTHING THAT YOU SAY HE IS, THEN THIS CITY NEEDS ME."
– Bruce Wayne, The Dark Knight Rises. After Alfred alerts Bruce that Bane is wreaking havoc on Gotham, Bruce makes the decision to go back out into the city as Gotham's hero, Batman.
– Batman, The Dark Knight RisesBruce Wayne appears before Selina (Catwoman), who says to him, "I thought they killed you." Bruce replies, "Not yet."
"I'M NOT AFRAID. I'M ANGRY."
– Bruce Wayne, The Dark Knight RisesBruce says this in reference to the chaos Bane is creating within the city.
Bane: You fight like a younger man, with nothing held back. Admirable but mistaken.—The Dark Knight Rises (2012)